Members of the Funeral Directors Association are guided by the following values: compassion, integrity and respect.
Specifically, members and their employees , through membership of the Association, have agreed to the following ethical principles:
PUT THE FAMILY FIRST
- To listen to client families and provide them with the best possible service within the client family’s means.
- Serve the client family with an informed understanding of the bereavement process and do what they reasonably can to meet the client family’s needs.
- Act with good taste and dignity in all matters.
RESPECT THE DECEASED
- Treat the deceased with respect and dignity during all stages of care (transfer, transport, preparation, storage, and disposition)
SUPPORT THE FUNERAL DIRECTOR’S ASSOCIATION
- Show support to the Funeral Directors Association, its aims, and objectives; be active in its work; and make every effort to assist the development and progress of the profession and the Association.
HONOUR THE FUNERAL PROFESSION
- Provide a quality service that can be relied on and trusted in times of need.
- Act honestly, provide competent personnel and quality facilities to maintain public confidence in the industry.
To view the full Funeral Directors Association Standards please click here.