ORANGE TRAFFIC LIGHT SETTING
Updated 13 April 2022
Effective from 11.59pm Wednesday 13 April the whole of New Zealand moves to the Orange traffic light setting
Funerals & tangihanga at Orange
- No limits for indoor & outdoor settings
- You can serve food and drink
- Face coverings are not compulsory for attendees but encouraged. Workers at funerals and tangihanga must wear face masks.
- No longer any requirement for people to scan in or for a business to display a QR code poster, or have mandatory record keeping
- No requirement to use My Vaccine Pass. Businesses can continue using My Vaccine Pass if they would like to.
For more information visit the Government website here:
You do not need to wear a face mask if the funeral or tangihanga has exclusive use of a venue.
We encourage you to wear a face mask in shared areas — if there are other activities happening at the venue at the same time.
Workers at funerals and tangihanga must wear face masks — unless they are exempt. Workers hosting or officiating the service do not need to wear a face mask when speaking and if they are able to keep 2 metres physical distance. Read more here..
Please contact your local Funeral Director who will be able to assist you during this difficult time with the planning and preparation of a funeral or tangihanga.
Useful COVID-19 Grief Resources
COVID-19 Grief Resource - When no funeral, tangi or farewell gatherings can take place
Funeral Directors Association NZ
Getting through Together
Mental Health Foundation NZ
There are many organisations that offer help and support for grief and trauma ranging from resources, counselling and support groups. Read more here